Internal Medicine Department
The Hematology-Oncology Division:Trials
Cancer Clinical Research Core Facility
440 Raynolds, El Paso, Tx 79905
Phone: (915) 783-1280
Fax: (915) 793-5209
- Effects of Chemotherapy on Markers of Metabolic Syndrome in Early Breast Cancer (Dr. Gaur)
- Banking of Tissue and Establishing Continuous Cell Lines and Xenografts from Neoplasia (S.P.O.C.).
- A Phase III, Randomized Clinical Trail of STandard Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy +/- Chemotherapy in Patients with 1-3 Positive Nodes,
Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER-2 Negative Breast Cancer with Recurrence Score (RS) of 25 or Less (SWOG S1007).
- Phase III Trail of Continuous Scuedule AC + G Vs. 2 Week Schedule AC, Followed by Paclitaxel Given Either Every 2 Weeks or Weekly
for 12 Weeks as Post-Operative Adjuvant Therapy in Node-Positive or High-Risk Node Negative Breast Cacner (SWOG S0221).
- Stage and Characteristic of Patients with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer at TTUHSC Breast Cancer Clinic El Paso.
- A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Long-term Safety and Efficacy of Darpoetin Alfa Administrated at
500 ug, Once-Every-3Week in Anemic Subjects with Advanced Stage Non-smal Cell Lung Cancer Receiving Multi-cycle Chemotheraphy (AMGEN).
- Randomized, single-blind study to estimate the effect of patient education on reported bone pain in breast cancer patients receiving
chemotherapy and pegfilgrastim (AMGEN)
- A phase III randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study of BKM120 with fulvestrant, in post-menopausal women with hormone
receptor-positive HER2-negative AI treeated, localy advanced or metastic breast cancer who progressed on or after mTOR inhibitor
based treatment (NOVARTIS).
- BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations and Triple Negative Disease in Hispanic/Latino Breast Cancer Subjects (NIH/NCI).
- Establishing and testing a Breast Cancer Survivorship Program at TTTUHSC-Paul Foster School of Medicine in El Paso (Dr. Nahleh and
MS. Rose Heydarian, RN, ANP.
- Phase III Randomized Study of Sorafenib Plus Doxorubicin Versus Sorafenib in Patients with Advanced Hepatocelular Carcinoma (HCC).
- Launching a Breast Cancer Survivorship Program at TTUHSC Paul Foster School of Medicine in El Paso
- A Phase III Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-contolled Trial Comparing Capecitabine Plus Sorafenib Versus CApecitabine Plus Placebo
in Treatment of Locally Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Negative Breast Cacner.
- A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial of Omega-3-Fatty Acid for the Control of Aromatase Inhibitor-Induced Musculoskeletal Pain and
Stiffness in Women with Early Stage Breast Cancer, Phase III (SWOG S0927).