Post-baccalaureate Certificate Program
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate certificate program is more than just an application. To ensure that applicants are prepared to succeed in the program, an applicant’s personal qualities, work experience, and ability to work with different ideas and personalities are also important admission factors.
Graduates of the post-baccalaureate program who have fulfilled all requirements for admission to TTUHSC El Paso’s Paul L. Foster School of Medicine are guaranteed a one-time interview. This one-time interview may take place either while the student is in the post-baccalaureate certificate program, or during the interview season immediately following successful completion of the certificate program.
- Complete and submit an online application prior to the application closing date.
- Application period: Sept. 1, 2018 through May 21, 2019.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $45 is required for each application submitted.
- Supporting documents:
- Personal essay stating your reasons for applying to the program.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official MCAT score reports:
- Photocopies of MCAT scores are not accepted.
- Scores must not be more than five years old.
- Score reports or additional information about MCAT scores must be sent directly by the Medical College Admission Test, aamc.org
- Official transcripts:
- Officla transcript(s) from all accredited U.S. colleges and universities attended must be submitted.
- All degrees earned must appear on the official transcripts.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the GSBS main office with any questions or concerns: GSBSEP@ttuhsc.edu or 915-215-4157.
All applicants should allow ample time for required supporting documents to be received and added to their application file. Applicants will not be considered for evaluation until the GSBS main office receives all supporting documents.
- Students who successfully complete the post-baccalaureate certificate program may
apply to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences.
- Application fee may be waived at the discretion of the dean.
- Admission to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences program is not guaranteed.
- If you are an immigrant permanent resident, you must provide a copy of the front and back of your green card, as well as an Oath of Residency if you are claiming Texas residency for tuition purposes.
- Immunization documentation must be provided prior to matriculation. Provisions for immunization requirements and implementation procedures for all TTUHSC El Paso employees, volunteers, and students may be found in HSCEP OP 75.11.
- A $50 placement guarantee fee is required upon offer of admission.