Programming Support unit is responsible for implementing campus wide solutions, develop and maintain database driven applications, and to provide software quotes and software analysis.
The programmer/analyst main objective is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. Programmers will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle by following the TTUHSC El Paso Web Standards Policies.
- Upgrade, replace legacy or web-based systems/databases to meet departmental user requirements and security standards.
- Analyze the customer needs/requirements looking at the need for possible software automation.
- Define system analysis and design processes.
- Project acceptance, installation, and deployment.
- Analyze and compare 3rd party software vendors to meet end-user's requirements.