Interlibrary Loan (ILL) General Information
Local (Walk-In) Interlibrary Loan Services
Service is available to all TTUHSC library card holders requiring books, photocopies of journal articles, or audiovisuals not available at the library. Request forms are available for patrons to complete and sign in the ILL office or at the Circulation counter during evenings and weekends.
Click here to contact your Local Interlibrary Loan Services.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Hours:
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Requests made after 4 p.m. are normally processed the following work day, except in the case of a clinical emergency.
- ILL requests received after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends will be processed on the next available business day.
Response time when held in another TTUHSC Library (Intralibrary Loan):
- Materials are received in approximately 2-5 working days for routine requests.
- RUSH requests are normally received within 24 working hours.
Clinical Emergency/Patient Care requests:
- Processed immediately with a goal of 1 hour turnaround time.
Notification, Pick Up, and Payment:
- Patrons are notified by phone when items are received.
- If the request cannot be filled, patron will be notified.
- Pick up is at the Circulation counter.
- Cash/check is required at pickup unless a departmental account number is provided on the request.
Click here for Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan Fees (Excluding Contracts).
Online Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
Online Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request Form:
- Online interlibrary loan (ILL) services are available for routine interlibrary loans (2-10 business days) only.
Click here for an Online Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request Form.
Also consider Loansome Doc. Loansome Doc enables PubMed and NLM Gateway users to order documents found in MEDLINE. It is available to users in the U.S. and internationally. A user can order articles from a list of citations retrieved from PubMed and the NLM Gateway by sending requests to a library for the full-text documents.
Click here to contact your Local Loansome Doc Services.