Frequently Asked Questions

A license will be needed if one is receiving, collecting, handling, using, storing, transferring and/or disposing of chemical or biological agents at any of the institution’s facilities or affiliated entities, or transporting specimens between buildings on or off campus. The license is to be displayed prominently in the research laboratory or approved area, listing all approved personnel.

iRIS is an electronic web-based research software that facilitates IACUC, IBC, and IRB submissions. Use of iRIS is mandated on the TTUHSC El Paso campus for all IBC submissions.

No, you must wait until you have received your IBC license.

No, a PI will hold one approved license, which will cover all related research activities. 

Safety Services at 915-215-4820.