We welcome you to explore the possibility of becoming a part of our team. At TTUHSC El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, our department is committed to training highly qualified and compassionate pediatricians.
We offer a well balanced educational program that supports the residents and their goals. In addition, we offer a full range of clinical experience from bread and butter pediatric patient care, to highly specialized areas such as hematology and oncology, and allergy and immunology. The program has been praised for its strong neonatal intensive care, intermediate care nursery, and pediatric intensive care experiences that are available to our residents.
We serve a culturally and economically diverse patient population that spans two countries. This unique patient population allows our residents to see a wide variety of cases and diseases including those that are unique to our region.
Some highlights of our program:
- Unique rotations, such as New Parent Elective; designed for new parents
- Border Health and Immigrant Health Track
- Night Curriculum
- Continuity Clinic Curriculum
- Excellent benefits
- Excellent educational foundation filled with rudiments of patient care
- 100% match rate to subspecialty training programs
- 24/7 hospitalist coverage, NICU and PICU in house faculty coverage
- Community and child advocacy program
- Advanced research opportunities
- Extensive and continual board review
- Opportunities for national conference attendance
- Research presentation opportunities
- Opportunities to represent the residents at the AAP, TPS, and other national organizations
- Community networking exposure
- Participation in philanthropic ventures
- Exposure to innovative approaches to medicine
Above all, our greatest assets are our people; our residents, faculty, administration, nurses, and staff are all committed to bettering the lives of children. All are dedicated to patient care, education, and the community
Explore our website and determine if TTUHSC El Paso PLFSOM Pediatric Residency Program is right for you! We look forward to the possibility of meeting and working with you.
Namrata Singh, M.D., FAAP
Pediatric Residency Program Director