Quality Improvement Staff
Quality Improvement Department
Clinic Operations Committee
The purpose of the Clinic Operations Committee is to:
- Receive activity reports from committees and implement changes when appropriate or recommend changes to the MPIP Policy Committee.
- Develop patient care policies for the ambulatory clinics that are consistent with the current standards of practice and accreditation requirements.
- Review matters relating to legal and professional conduct of the TTUHSC El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, its ambulatory clinics and support staff and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop and monitor referral protocols.
- Monitor quality assessment and improvement, infection control and management program.
- Recommend appropriate actions and resolutions of identified problems within the ambulatory clinics.
- Perform such other duties as requested by the regional dean.
This committee meets monthly. Issues for consideration by the committee may be brought to the attention of any committee member.