Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
All applicants will be reviewed in an individual and holistic manner. No single factor will determine a student's admission. Although academic criteria (cumulative GPA, grades earned in science courses, and failed/repeated courses) is an important factor in admission consideration, additional
non-academic information is also important.
|Academic Admission Considerations||Non-Academic Admission Considerations|
- Overall and science GPA, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission. All grades earned at all schools attended are calculated in the admission grade point average
- All prerequisite courses should be completed with a grade of "C" or better prior to enrollment
- At time of application sub-mission, applicants must have completed a minimum of 44 credit hours of the re-quired non-nursing pre-requisite course work (57 hours total), including all FOUR required lab science courses: Chemistry (4 hours), Anatomy and Physiology I (4 hours), Anatomy and Physiology II (4 hours), Microbiology (4 hours).
- Completion and submission of HESI Assess-ment Exam scores. For more information please visit: https://evolve.elsevier.com/studentlife/hesi.html.
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) Program. For a comprehensive list of approved courses, please visit the following link: http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/NF/credentialing/NATCEP/credtraining.cfm?regionselect=10.
- Cleared FBI Level 1 Criminal Background Check conducted through Texas Board of Nursing. For more infor-mation on this process, please visit http://www.bon.texas.gov/students.asp. If an applicant has any criminal history to report whatsoever, the applicant must complete and submit a petition for Declaratory Order. For more information on Declaratory Order submission, please visit: http://www.bne.state.tx.us/forms_declaratory_order.asp.
- Extracurricular activities
- Work experience
- Diversity of experience, such as study abroad, knowledge of other cultures, proficiency in other languages
- Permanent residency in a TTUHSC service area
- First generation college student
- English as a second language
- Socioeconomic status
- Prior enrollment at Texas Tech University
- Extenuating circumstances that may have led you to this profession
- Military experience/training
Applications not meeting the minimum admission requirements will not be reviewed.
All applicants who receive offers of admission will be required to consent to a criminal background check. A history of criminal conduct or convictions may result in withdrawal of the admission offer. See "Criminal Background Checks" section of the School of Nursing Student Handbook for the School policy.
In addition, the Board of Nurse Examiners has identified certain circumstances that may render a potential candidate ineligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas. See "Eligibility to Take NCLEX-RN Examination" section of the School of Nursing Catalog or access the BNE website: www.bon.state.tx.us for declaratory order information.