Second Degree BSN
Although the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is part of the Texas Tech University System, legally it is a separate institution from Texas Tech University.Â Therefore, students applying to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing must submit all documents required for admission consideration directly to TTHUSC GGHSONÂ in El Paso.Â If applying to the TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing please DO NOT forward any information to the Lubbock Campus.
- Interested students should schedule an Advising Appointment for a Course Evaluation prior to applying to the 2nd Degree Program.Â Please Contact theÂ Assistant AdvisorÂ via e-mail with your unofficial transcripts.Â Include your name, contact phone number and e-mail address on all correspondence.
- Applicants must meet the followingÂ minimum requirementsÂ byÂ the applicationÂ deadline date of September 1, 2013Â for consideration into the Spring 2014 Cohort:
- 3/5 Ranking Sciences CompletedÂ with a final grade listed on official transcriptÂ (Ranking sciences include A&P I, A&P II, Microbiology at 4 hours, Chemestry at 4 hours and/or Pathophysiology at 3 hours:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on all completed prerequisite courses:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on all completed ranking Science courses
The following documents are required to be submitted BY application closing date of September 1, 2013. ClickÂ hereÂ for instructions on submission
1) Completed and Submitted Nursing CAS Application
2) TEAS V Score
3) One Page Resume
4) Copy of Bachelor's Degree, if available at that time
5) Proof of having completed a Medical Terminology Course
6) TOEFL Score, if applicable. Students clickÂ hereÂ for our School Catalog regarding the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
7) Letter of Good Standing, if applicant was enrolled in ANY other RN Program, and left before successfully completing that program.
Have your transcripts available to enter all your prerequisite and nursing courses in the Education Section of Nursing CAS.Â These grades will be audited for accuracy after you have entered your application.
The Nursing CAS Application will open on July 1, 2013 and will close on September 1, 2013 for admission into the Spring 2014 Cohort.
ClickÂ HEREÂ for an instructional video on Nursing CAS.
ClickÂ HEREÂ to complete your online Nursing CAS application.
ClickÂ HEREÂ to log in to Merlin.
FINANCIAL AID, LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Applicants interested in applying for financial aid (student loans, grants, scholarships) upon admittance to the TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) atÂ http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing requires a FAFSA on file to be eligible for scholarships offered by the school.
Additional information can be found at the Financial Aid Office websiteÂ www.ttuhsc.edu/financialaid/.Â The Unit Coordinator can be reached at 915-545-9700 ext 250.