The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
In 2005, the School of Medicine in El Paso (now TTUHSC El Paso) was awarded a grant by the Association of American Medical Colleges/Pfizer Medical Humanities to develop and expand community service programs. The medical school was one of just eight in the U.S. selected to receive the grant.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
- Tech Talk: HSC El Paso 11/13/17
- Vice President for Research Studies Genes of More Than 60,000 People
- Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Clinics Offer ALS Patients One-Stop, Multidisciplinary Care
- MSB II Construction Update – Nov. 9
- 7th Annual Holiday Toy and Blanket Drive
- Halloween Door-decorating Contest Winners
- **REMINDER** How to Get Promo Items
- New Link for Requesting Web Changes
- Share Your Memories With Us – Oct. 23 - Nov. 20
- Faculty and Staff Picture Day – Dec. 4
- Earn A Degree Online with TTUHSC SHP Department of Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Mini-seed Grant Application Open
- New University App Now Available
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- The Exam Room, a Live-streamed Q&A Session, with Dr. Richard Lange – Nov. 27
- 18th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference and Pediatric Update – Nov. 30-Dec. 1
- Cookies, Cocoa, and Holiday Cheer – Dec. 1
- Dissertation Defense – Ismael Segura – Therapeutic Effects of FTY720 Compounds in Cellular and Animal Models of Multiple System Atrophy – Dec. 1
- Adventure for Your Future – Jan. 27
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Diseases and Injuries: What You Need to Know – Feb. 3
- 5th Tuberculosis Research Symposium Call for Abstracts
- 5th Tuberculosis Research Symposium – Feb. 9
- Epilepsy Program
Culture and Diversity
Find out what lectures, panel discussions, and presentations are coming up from the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Health.
- Diversity and Global Health Perspectives Lecture Series - in Honor of World AIDS Day – Nov. 29
- 'It's Not Over' - Diversity and Global Health Perspectives Film Series – Nov. 30
- World AIDS Day Events – Nov. 29 – Dec. 1
- 7th Annual Cultural Competence Conference Call for Abstracts
- 7th Annual Cultural Competence Conference – Feb. 9
- Traveling Abroad on Behalf of the Institution?
- Spanish Lab
- The OUT and ALLY List
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- Colonic Immune Cells in Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Interleukin-6 in Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of IL-6 (-G174C) and Circulating IL-6 Levels.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome on the US Mexico Border: A Survey in an Indigent Population Using Rome III Criteria.
- Carotid Artery Stenting Versus Endarterectomy for Stroke Prevention: A Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials.
Stay up-to-date with campus announcements, informational sessions, and trainings.
- Workshops on Risk, Fraud Prevention – Dec. 6
- New IT Security Monthly Training Program
- Mandatory PI Training for OSP Electronic Notice of Intent System
- KLAS EMR Survey
- New Hires – Nov. 1
- 2016 and 2017 Satisfaction Survey Winners
- Recycling Reminder
- Traffic and Parking Reminders
- 2017-18 TTUHSC El Paso Holiday Schedule
- New Employee Self-service Dashboard
- Office of Vehicle Fleet Management Driver Acknowledgement Form
- IT Incident Handling and Response Process
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Lab
- New IT Maintenance Window
- Shuttle Boarding Etiquette Reminder