The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
In 2000, the TTUHSC regional campus in El Paso (now TTUHSC El Paso) named its medical library the Delia Montes-Gallo Library of the Health Sciences in honor of long-time TTU pediatrician Delia Montes-Gallo, M.D.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
- Tech Talk: HSC El Paso 04/24/17
- TTUHSC El Paso’s Newest Degree Positions Nurses for Leadership Roles
- Pediatric Surgeon Receives Foundation Award
- CEO of Transmountain Hospital Begins Guest Lecturing for Nursing
- Toxicology Symposium Features Internationally Lauded Poison Specialist
- GGHSON Assistant Professor to Represent Texas Nurse Practitioners
- MSB II Groundbreaking – May 2
- Seed Grant Application – June 1 Deadline
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards – April 25
- Arvin E. Robinson Grand Rounds – Demystifying the Thyroid Nodule and Recent Advances in Thyroid Imaging – April 28
- IA Creative Services Unavailable May 1-5
- SGA Staff, Faculty, and Student Appreciation Awards Ceremony – May 3
- Nurses Night at the Chihuahuas – May 4
- GSBS Commencement Ceremony – May 16
- PLFSOM Commencement Ceremony – May 19
- GGHSON Commencement and Pinning Ceremony – May 20
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Diseases and Injuries: What You Need to Know – June 3
- 12th Annual Obstetrics and Gynecology Symposium – June 9
- Texas Medical Board Update – July 19
- I-Corps – NSF Research Entrepreneurship Events – Aug. 7 and 25
- Epilepsy Program
Culture and Diversity
Find out what lectures, panel discussions, and presentations are coming up from the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Health.
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- Water Load Test in Children with Chronic Abdominal Pain or Obesity Compared With Nonobese Controls.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Spontaneous Coronary Artery Pseudoaneurysm: Rare Anomaly With Potentially Significant Clinical Implications.
- The Cellularity Yield of Three Different 22-Gauge Endoscopic Ultrasound Fine Needle Aspiration Needles.
- The Benefit of Neuromuscular Blockade in Patients with Postanoxic Myoclonus Otherwise Obscuring Continuous Electroencephalography (CEEG).
Stay up-to-date with announcements, informational sessions, and trainings from the Human Resources and Information Technology offices, and Library of the Health Sciences.
- Presidents’ Collaborative Research Initiative Funding Announcement
- New Hires – April 17
- Faculty/Staff Flu Vaccine Survey
- Cash Receipt System Training – April 26
- Retirement Advising – May 2-3
- Office of Vehicle Fleet Management Driver Acknowledgement Form
- IT Incident Handling and Response Process
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Lab
- New IT Maintenance Window – Revised
- Shuttle Boarding Etiquette Reminder
- New Safety Services Web Resources