The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
In 2005, the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine was one of eight U.S. medical schools awarded a grant by the AAMC/Pfizer Medical Humanities initiative to develop and expand student community service programs.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
- Tech Talk: HSC El Paso – Nov. 19
- "The Exam Room" Focuses on Eye Health
- 2018 Thanksgiving Luncheon for TTUHSC El Paso Employees and Students
- Recognizing TTUHSC El Paso Veterans – Stephen Moreland
- Recognizing TTUHSC El Paso Veterans – Andrea Tawney
- Recognizing TTUHSC El Paso Veterans – Rebecca Flowers
- Recognizing TTUHSC El Paso Veterans – Thomas O'Brien IV
- PodMed TT – Study Shows Little Benefit From Vitamin D Supplementation
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds – Alcohol Withdrawal Management – Nov. 28
- Patient Blood Management in the 21st Century Grand Round Series – Transfusion Options in Transfusion Medicine – Nov. 29
- Cookies, Cocoa and Holiday Cheer – Nov. 30
- Fundamentals of Biomedicine Seminar Series – James P. (Pat) McAllister II, Ph.D. – Dec. 5
- Pediatric Ground Rounds – Pediatric Stroke: Old Challenges and New Horizons – Dec. 5
- 19th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference & Pediatric Update – Dec. 6-7
- Need-to-Know Grand Rounds – Medical Error Disclosure: Simulation Activity – Jan. 8
- Save the Date – Adventure for Your Future – Jan. 26
- Cultural Competence Conference – Feb. 22
- Save the Date – 4th Annual Surgical Oncology Update – March 14
- Epilepsy Program
Culture and Diversity
Find out what lectures, panel discussions, and presentations are coming up from the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Health.
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- Developing Trans-Affirming Health Services in an Underserved Area: An Intersectional Approach.
- Effect of Educational Intervention on Self-Sampling Acceptability and Follow-Up Paps in Border Dwelling Hispanic Females.
- Physical Activity in Older Mexican Americans Living in Two Cities on the U.S.-Mexico Border.
- Thoracic Paraspinal Castleman Disease in a Young Mexican American Male with Postcoital Hematuria.
Stay up-to-date with campus announcements, informational sessions, and trainings.
- New Hires – Nov. 19
- Faculty Development Course XVII – Graduate Medical Education Conference – Nov. 30
- Business Affairs Q1 Presentation – Dec. 5
- Faculty Development Course XVII – Strengthening Community Ties – Jan. 11
- Faculty Development Course XVII – Best Practices of Technology-Assisted and Online Learning – Jan. 25
- 2018-19 TTUHSC El Paso Holiday Schedule
- Global and Border Health Society Fall Donation Drive
- The Pediatric Journey Newsletter