The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
In 2013, TTUHSC El Paso broke ground on the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing building.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
- Tech Talk: HSC El Paso – July 2
- TTUHSC El Paso President Elected to Chair FDA Advisory Board
- PodMed TT – RNA-Targeted Drugs for Treating Genetic Diseases
- Employee Service Awards – July 13
- White Coat Ceremony – July 28
- Faculty and Staff Picture Day – Aug. 8
- AEC Library Weekend Closures
- TTUHSC El Paso Staff Senate Backpack and School Supply Drive
- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine Professionalism Stories
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- Surgery/Trauma Grand Rounds – Management of Low-Velocity Gunshot Injuries – July 19
- The Exam Room, a Live-streamed Q&A Session, with Richard McCallum, M.D. – July 24
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds - Medical Ethics, Culture, and Physicians: Beginning of Life and End of Life - July 25
- Hearts for Sparks Golf Classic – Aug. 11
- High School Summer Medical Camp
- Red Raider Reels 2018 – Aug. 31 through Sept. 28
- 19th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference and Pediatric Update - Call for Abstracts
- Don't Fall in the Trap: Commonly Missed Orthopaedic Injuries in the ER - Sept. 21
- 6th Annual Clinical Simulation Conference – Oct. 12
- 3rd Annual Breast Cancer Care Symposium – Oct. 18
- University Medical Center of El Paso Burn Conference – Oct. 19
- 2nd Annual West Texas Down Syndrome Health Symposium – Nov. 17
- 19th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference & Pediatric Update – Dec. 6-7
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- The Educational Climate Inventory: Measuring Students' Perceptions of the Preclerkship and Clerkship Settings.
- Eradication Rate of Helicobacter pylori on the US-Mexico Border Using the Urea Breath Test.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Community Interventions for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Low-Income Hispanic Population.
- The Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Pyloroplasty Combined with Gastric Electrical Stimulation Therapy in Gastroparesis.
Stay up-to-date with campus announcements, informational sessions, and trainings.
- Cognos Upgrade to Go Live July 16
- 2018 Annual Group Benefits Enrollment – July 9-21
- Special FBI Presentation: Health Care Fraud and Abuse - Aug. 30
- Employee/Student Satisfaction Survey Drawing Winners
- New Hires - July 2
- 2018-19 TTUHSC El Paso Holiday Schedule
- Bring Your Own Device to MEB, GGHSON Testing Centers
- Parking Policy Updates
- New IRS W-4 Withholding Calculator
- BECL Survey
- Biostatistics Walk-in Clinic Available
- Recycling Reminder
- Libraries Seeking Copy Paper Boxes