The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
In 2007, the El Paso campus (now TTUHSC El Paso) announced that its School of Medicine would be named in honor of Paul L. Foster, president and CEO of Western Refining, Inc. Foster donated $50 million to the School of Medicine in El Paso, the largest gift ever to be received by the TTU System.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
- Tech Talk: HSC El Paso – March 19
- Record Number of PLFSOM Students Match to Residency Programs
- TTU System Board of Regents Grants Tenure and Promotions to TTUHSC El Paso Faculty
- UMC Makes History as Borderland’s First Comprehensive Stroke Center
- PodMed TT – iPads and Colorectal Cancer, Domestic Health Care Costs, and More
- MSB II Construction Update – Feb. 26
- Digital Health Presentation – March 26
- Blood Drive – April 26
- Spring Into Wellness – April 27
- Staff Egg-Decorating Contest
- 12th Annual Research Symposium Call for Abstracts
- FY19 Seed Grant Program Call for Applications
- Libraries Seeking Copy Paper Boxes
- Team Walking Challenge
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- Radiology Grand Rounds – MR Imaging of the Rotator Interval and Biceps Complex – March 27
- 5th Annual Neurology for the Non-Neurologist Conference – April 6
- Psychiatry Grand Rounds – Behavioral Health in Primary Care Workshop – April 7
- Neurology Grand Rounds – Time is Brain: The Stroke Theory of Relativity – April 9
- Grand Rounds – How to Organize a Simulation Session – April 10
- 5th Annual Pills and Thrills that Kill! Toxicology in Review – April 12-13
- 3rd Annual Surgical Oncology Update – April 26
- 6th Annual Clinical Simulation Conference – Oct. 12
Culture and Diversity
Find out what lectures, panel discussions, and presentations are coming up from the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Health.
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- Beta-Adrenergic Receptors Are Expressed Across Diverse Cancers.
- Combined Mitral and Aortic Valve Stenosis Caused by Two Different Etiologies, Rheumatic and Congenital.
- Inhibition of Pulmonary β-Carotene 15, 15'-Oxygenase Expression by Glucocorticoid Involves PPARα.
- Trinucleotide Repeat Containing 6c (TNRC6c) Is Essential for Microvascular Maturation during Distal Airspace Sacculation in the Developing Lung.