The Scope Weekly News Letter
Did you know?
On Feb. 19, 2015, El Paso’s first biomedical research and technology commercialization building broke ground. The Cardwell Collaborative building, named after local businessman and community leader Jack Cardwell, is home to the MCA Foundation, RedSky (a biomedical institute), and TTUHSC El Paso.
The TTUHSC El Paso Difference
Stay in-the-know by attending TTUHSC El Paso events, lectures, and presentations, and learning about initiatives and trainings on campus.
Participate in and share information about our events, conferences, and continuing medical education activities that are open to the public.
- Red Raider Reels 2018 – Aug. 31 through Sept. 28
- Texas Tech Ice Hockey Faces Off Against UTEP – Sept. 21
- Bringing Health Care Simulation to Life – Sept. 22
- Continuing Medical Education Open House – Sept. 27
- Patient Blood Management in the 21st Century Grand Rounds – Please Pass the Platelets – Sept. 27
- Fundamentals of Biomedicine Seminar Series – Robyn Andersen, Ph.D., M.P.H – Oct. 3
- Pediatric Grand Rounds – Management of Pediatric Acute Pancreatitis – Oct. 3
- Psychiatry Grand Rounds – Providing Mental Health Evaluations for Asylum-Seeking Immigrants – Oct. 5
- Need-to-Know Grand Rounds – Sexual Determination and Sex Differentiation – Oct. 9
- 19th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference and Pediatric Update - Call for Abstracts
- Blood Drive - Oct. 10
- 6th Annual Clinical Simulation Conference – Oct. 12
- 3rd Annual Breast Cancer Care Symposium – Oct. 18
- University Medical Center of El Paso Burn Conference – Oct. 19
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds – Fluid Management in the Critically Ill and Not So Critically Ill Hospitalized Patient – Oct. 24
- The Evolution of Texas Medicine – Oct. 26
- A Career in Health Care – Culberson County – Nov. 6
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds – An Update on Opioid Use Disorders in Pregnancy – Nov. 9
- A Career in Health Care – Map Your Future – Nov. 14
- 2nd Annual West Texas Down Syndrome Health Symposium – Nov. 17
- 19th Annual Rio Grande Trauma Conference & Pediatric Update – Dec. 6-7
- Save the Date – Adventure for Your Future – Jan. 26
- Cultural Competence Conference – Feb. 22
Culture and Diversity
Find out what lectures, panel discussions, and presentations are coming up from the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Health.
Read articles by TTUHSC El Paso researchers recently published in PubMed.
- An Analysis of Tumor- and Surgery-Related Factors that Contribute to Inadvertent Positive Margins Following Soft Tissue Sarcoma Resection.
- The Association Between Mood State and Chronobiological Characteristics in Bipolar I Disorder: A Naturalistic, Variable Cluster Analysis-Based Study.
- Intracellular Lipid Metabolism Impairs β Cell Compensation During Diet-Induced Obesity.
- Intramedullary Bone Graft Harvest Using Reamer-Irrigator-Aspirator System: A Case Series.