Presidents' Collaborative Research Initiative
Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, the Letter of Intent (LOI) and grant application deadlines have been extended.
The application guidelines and grant application form will be released Tuesday, May 23 to all applicants who met the May 22 LOI deadline listed below.
In a shared effort, the Chancellor and Presidents of Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) have secured a second round of funding under the Presidents’ Collaborative Research Initiative.
The primary purpose of this initiative is to expand collaborative, federally-sponsored research across the TTU System. A requirement for funding recipients is that each collaborative research grant will lead to the submission of a major competitive proposal to a federal funding agency within 18 months of the project’s completion.
Many exciting opportunities for research programs are now available in interdisciplinary areas that require close interactions among scientists with different areas of expertise. This initiative will encourage those opportunities by providing up to $50,000 per award for collaborative projects involving faculty from at least two of the three participating TTU System institutions.
If you did not have an opportunity to attend the information sessions held April 28 and May 5, please note the eligibility requirements below.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must have a primary faculty appointment and more than 50 percent employment at TTU, TTUHSC, or TTUHSC El Paso.
- Each PI/Co-PI may only be funded one award per funding cycle.
- Applicants are ineligible to apply as a PI if they were awarded funding in the preceding cycle, but may serve as a collaborator.
- Funding will not support or supplement current externally funded research. The applicant must clearly and convincingly show that the proposed project is a new research direction with the potential to lead to external funding.
- If human or animal subjects are to be used in the research project, Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocols must be submitted to the appropriate committee(s) for review before grant submission.
- EXTENDED - MAY 22, 2017 May 15, 2017 - Letter of intent deadline
- EXTENDED - JUNE 23, 2017 June 16, 2017 - Grant application deadline
- July 28, 2017 - Award recipients announced
- Sept. 1, 2017 - Aug. 31, 2018 - Project period
- March 1, 2019 - Deadline to submit proposal to targeted federal opportunity/agency
Please complete and submit the Letter of Intent to be eligible to apply for funding from this initiative.