Annual Benefits Enrollment - July 9-22
July 9 through July 22, 2017
Don’t miss your opportunity to make changes to your ERS Group Benefits Program (GBP). During annual enrollment employees can:
- Switch health insurance coverage (Health Select or Consumer Directed Health Select), both will be managed by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Add or remove dependents from your coverage.
- Add or drop vision and/or dental for yourself and your dependents.
- Enroll in a TexFlex flexible spending account or change your contribution level. (IRS has increased contribution limits from $2,550 to $2,600).
- Apply for, increase, decrease or drop life insurance coverage. If you want to enroll or increase your life insurance, you will need to go through evidence of insurability (EOI).
- Apply for or drop dependent life insurance for your eligible dependents. If enrolling or adding dependents you will need to go through EOI.
- Enroll in, increase or drop Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
- Apply for or drop short-term or long-term disability coverage. To enroll, you must apply through EOI.
If you have no changes to your benefits, you do not have to do anything. To make changes, sign into your ERS Online (www.ers.state.tx.us). Changes made during annual enrollment will take effect September 1, 2017.
Annual enrollment is the only time of year that you can make benefit changes unless you have a qualifying event, like birth of a child, marriage divorce. For more information, visit www.ers.state.tx.us/Employees/Life-Events/.
Here’s when and where Benefits Office staff will be available to assist staff and discuss benefit options:
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in ASB II, room 1010
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 from noon to 2 p.m. at TTP El Paso at Transmountain, fourth floor Staff Lounge
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 from 3 to 5 p.m. at TTP El Paso at Kenworthy
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in ASB, room 1102
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in AEC, classroom 211
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 from 2 to 5 p.m. at MPIP (11500 Pellicano Dr., Building C)
Feel free to contact the Human Resources Benefits Office at 915-215-4151 or email us at ELPHRbenefitsadmin@ttuhsc.edu.