MSB II Construction Update – Dec. 4
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso campus is abuzz with construction as crews work to erect the new Medical Sciences Building (MSB) II.
Once complete, the MSB II will triple the university’s research capacity, adding much-needed square footage for laboratory space, classrooms and offices. With the five-story, 219,900-square-foot building scheduled for completion next year, here’s a peek at the crews’ progress as they bring the building to life, day by day.
Area A (south side of building)
- Construction of the beams that will span across the auditorium’s ceiling.
Area B (north side of building)
- Subcontractor installs electrical conduits, underground piping that protects and routes electrical wiring.
- First-floor concrete slab is poured, smoothed and finished.
Area C (building center)
- First-floor classroom foundation and columns are complete.
- Crew prepares to construct second floor.
- Library room foundation is prepped. Dirt is compacted.
- Library column forms are prepped for concrete pouring.