Office of the Provost
Welcome to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso!
The provost serves as Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso’s chief academic officer, overseeing institution-wide academic functions, programs, and policies. The Office of the Provost works in concert with the president, academic deans, department chairs, faculty, staff, students, and university governance representations to fulfill its administrative and institutional responsibilities for academic and student affairs at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso to include:
- formulating and implementing academic and administrative policies;
- coordinating educational support programs for our students;
- evaluating academic resources;
- ensuring accreditation compliance;
- fostering collaboration for community research;
- building a diverse pipeline of students as future healthcare and research professionals to serve the unique needs of our border population;
- expanding progressive, innovative, and evidence-based degree programs that are responsive to professional standards and market and healthcare needs;
- advancing student achievement through a commitment and dedication to continuous innovation in education and teaching;
- cultivating integrated healthcare teams by promoting inter-professional education; and
- developing and retaining an outstanding and diverse group of teacher-scholars, researchers, and clinicians that comprise an empowered faculty body.
In addition, the Office of the Provost works closely with executive leadership in strategic planning and was tasked wtih the transformation of our campus into a free-standing, SACSCOC-accredited university within the Texas Tech University System. We welcome you to our website.