Dear TTUHSC El Paso family:
With the increasing number of El Pasoans being infected with COVID-19, and person-to-person infection occurring within the community, our TTUHSC El Paso leadership wants to do its best to ensure your safety and health. Accordingly, we are issuing new guidelines regarding travel and self-isolation.
Any person traveling for personal reasons:
- MUST report travel to the President’s Office at PresidentELP@ttuhsc.edu prior to departure and
- Complete a 14-day isolation period upon return to El Paso before returning to campus.
Effective April 1, these restrictions now apply to travel to Ciudad Juárez.
Any person placed on 14-day isolation because of recent travel or exposure to someone with known or suspected COVID-19 infection MUST notify the President’s Office at PresidentELP@ttuhsc.edu. This individual will receive daily calls to:
- Determine if they are properly self-isolating.
- Assess if they have symptoms and need further evaluation.
- Inquire about any needs.
IT’S IN YOUR HANDS
Please remember the most important things you can do to prevent COVID-19 for yourself, your friends and family are:
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wash your hands often (20 seconds with soap and water).
- Wipe down surfaces.
- Social distancing (stay six feet away from others).
We’ve previously shown we’re El Paso Strong, now let’s show we’re El Paso Smart.
Richard Lange, M.D., M.B.A.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso