May 17 , 2021
Dear TTUHSC El Paso family
I am optimistic now that vaccines are readily available in El Paso and our coronavirus infection rate and hospitalizations are at an all-time low. This progress provides much encouragement and supports the decision for our university to return to face-to-face instruction this summer.
To prepare for the 2020-21 academic year, TTUHSC El Paso will return to normal operations (i.e., Phase 1) on June 1, 2021. This means that all employees should be back to campus, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to follow and implement CDC guidelines as they are updated.
Intent: Return to daily operations in all areas with no restrictions. Vice Presidents and Deans have approving authority for determining new work Iocations.
- Fully vaccinated people (i.e., >=2 weeks after final dose) are no longer required
to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting on campus. Such measures are optional for these individuals.
- Masks and social distancing are still required in the hospital and clinics in patient
- Masks and social distancing are still required in the hospital and clinics in patient care
- Unvaccinated and vulnerable individuals (as defined by federal guidelines) can resume public interactions but should wear masks.
- All team members should consider minimizing time spent in crowded environments.
- Continue to avoid physical contact including handshakes, hugs and typical greetings.
- Small and large venues can operate without the need for social distancing
Continue to use safe hygiene:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds. lf soap and water not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Our campus has responded extraordinarily to the challenges of the past 14 months. I am extremely proud of your commitment to fulfilling our mission and to ensuring the health and safety of our institutions.
Thank you for your leadership and dedication during this time.
Richard Lange, M.0., M.B.A
Rick and Ginger Francis Endowed president
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El paso
5001 El Paso Drive, MSC 11001 I El paso Texas 79905 I T 915.215.4300 I F 915.783.5533