Coronavirus/COVID-19 Virtual Health Fair
Through a multidepartmental effort, the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine has created the El Paso Health Education and Awareness Team, EP-HEAT, and is currently offering bilingual SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 virtual health fairs for the community of El Paso.
- 5 PM to 60 PM
- 9 AM to Noon
- 4:30 PM to 6 PM
**Now booking individual workshops and Full Day Virtual Health Fairs starting in October 2020
Care Packages for Families Fund
- TTUHSC EP-HEAT has presented bilingual COVID-19 health education fairs to almost 1,500 members of our El Paso community. Our next goal is to create bilingual COVID-19 care packages for El Pasoans who do not have readily available access to internet and computers. The TTUHSC EP-HEAT care packages will contain bilingual COVID-19 booklets for adults, bilingual COVID-19 children's activity books, hand sanitizer, and masks. If you would like to contribute to our cause, please click the following link: https://donate.give2tech.com/?fid=IA000769. Follow us on social media to stay updated!
- For those who would like to host an upcoming virtual Health Fair or individual workshop, please fill out the following form: Virtual Health Fair Inquiry
Social Media Links
Health Fair FAQ's
The virtual health fairs are intended for a broad audience. We can organize a virtual health fair for a variety of community organizations, students, educators, etc. Based on the intended audience, we can tailor the content and scope of information to the anticipated participants.
Objectives: Upon completion of the virtual health fair, the participant should be able to:
- Exhibit increased awareness regarding SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19.
- Learn how to harness SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 resources available to the El Paso community.
- Understand the importance of SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 protective measures and testing.
- Overview of SARS-2/COVID-19
- Wellness and Stress Management in an Pandemic
- Testing for COVID-19: Testing types, importance and how/where to get tested
- Importance of masks and how to prepare at home (making masks and hand sanitizer)
- Symptoms and preventative measures for SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 in Children vs. Adults
- Care Tips at Home for SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19
*All workshops can be held in English or Spanish.
*Have an idea for a session topic? Just ask!