Coronavirus/COVID-19 Virtual Health Fair
Through a multidepartmental effort, the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine has created the El Paso Health Education and Awareness Team, EP-HEAT, and is currently offering bilingual SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 virtual health fairs for the community of El Paso.
TTUHSC El Paso faculty, staff and students
Jefferson High School PTSA
Fabens ISD and Clint ISD parents, teachers, and staff
**Now booking individual workshops and Full Day Virtual Health Fairs starting in October 2020
- For those who would like to host an upcoming virtual Health Fair or individual workshop, please fill out the following form: Virtual Health Fair Inquiry
Health Fair FAQ's
The virtual health fairs are intended for a broad audience. We can organize a virtual health fair for a variety of community organizations, students, educators, etc. Based on the intended audience, we can tailor the content and scope of information to the anticipated participants.
Objectives: Upon completion of the virtual health fair, the participant should be able to:
- Exhibit increased awareness regarding SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19.
- Learn how to harness SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 resources available to the El Paso community.
- Understand the importance of SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 protective measures and testing.
- Overview of SARS-2/COVID-19
- Wellness and Stress Management in an Epidemic
- Testing for COVID-19: Testing types, importance and how/where to get tested
- Importance of masks and how to prepare at home (making masks and hand sanitizer)
- Symptoms and preventative measures for SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 in Children vs. Adults
- Care Tips at Home for SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19
*All workshops can be held in English or Spanish.
*Have an idea for a session topic? Just ask!