Gay Straight Campus Alliance
The Gay Straight Campus Alliance serves to raise awareness of Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) issues within and outside of the health care community here at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso. Our office in collaboration with GaSCA sponsors campus-wide quarterly meetings with presentations on topics such as experiences of transgender individuals, LGBT population in the military, and Hispanic LGBT health disparities. GaSCA also promotes awareness through events commemorating National Coming Out Day. We encourage everyone on campus to attend all events.
GaSCA offers opportunities to staff, faculty, residents, and all students to join the Leadership Board, which is responsible for planning and implementing all GaSCA-related activities. Below are the current GaSCA Leadership Board members.
- Mayra Morales
- Tiffany Butler
- Pilar Provencio
- Jose Morales
- Shaked Laks, M.D.
- Jessica Calderon-Mora, DrPH
- President - Derik Sanchezl, PLFSOM, MSII
- Vice President - Andres Arango, PLFSOM, MSII
- Events Coordinator - Maria Vanessa Jimenez, GSBS, YI
- Events Coordinator - Sinthuja Devarajan, PLFSOM, MSII
- GGHSON Representative - Thomas Chavez, GSBS, YII
- PLFSOM Representative - Rachel Kitch, PLFSOM, MSII