Council on Diversity and Inclusion
The purpose of the TTUHSC El Paso Council on Diversity and Inclusion (CDI):
1. To serve as an advisory board on diversity and inclusion for all of TTUHSC El Paso.
2. To assist in recommending policies and initiatives to the President of TTUHSC El Paso related to diversity and inclusion.
3. To increase the representation and participation of executive leadership, faculty, residents, students, and staff within the organizational structure of TTUHSC El Paso in diversity initiatives.
4. To advocate the development and enhancement of leadership skills by promoting diversity initiatives sponsored by ODIGH.
5. To support recruitment, development, and retention of a diverse body of students, residents, faculty, executive leadership, and staff.
6. To encourage and promote a positive and healthy environment for groups that are under-represented in medicine (URM), health care, and biomedical sciences.
7. To foster a supportive community for the unique health care needs of socially and culturally diverse border populations by recommending diversity programming sponsored by ODIGH.