The Nominating Committee is composed of three members of the senate, each elected for a three-year term by the senate, including at least one member from each school (the senate president and president-elect are not eligible for membership in this committee).
Nominating Committee Members
Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing
Biomedical Sciences, Center of Emphasis in Infectious Diseases
Division of Gastroenterology
- Recommends chairs for standing and ad hoc committees to the senate president.
- Recommends members of the voting faculty to serve on standing and ad hoc committees.
- Elects a chair from among its membership for a one-year term and serves on the Executive Committee.
- Announces vacancies to all voting faculty with more that 50 percent full-time equivalent (FTE) at the university.
- Provides to all voting faculty an opportunity to serve on committees and assembles a list of names presented to the senate by the Nominating Committee chair. The senate will approve members on each committee from the list. (The appointment process occurs every January for all standing committees—ad hoc committee membership occurs anytime during the year as needed).
- Election is conducted by by the senate through secret ballot in January of each year.
- The senate president and president-elect are not eligible to serve as chairs of this committee.
- The goal of the committee is to make sure all schools are represented.