Master of Science
Admission to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences Program
Admission to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences program is more than just an application. To ensure that applicants are prepared to succeed in the program, an applicant’s personal qualities, work experience, and ability to work with different ideas and personalities are also important admission factors.
- Complete and submit an online application prior to the application closing date.
- Application period: Sept. 6, 2022, through May 27, 2023.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $45 is required for each application submitted.
- Supporting documents:
- Personal essay stating your reasons for applying to the program.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official GRE score reports.
- Photocopies of GRE scores are not accepted.
- The TTUHSC El Paso Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences code is 7452.
- Scores must not be more than five years old.
- Official MCAT/DAT scores may be used in lieu of GRE scores upon approval by the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences main office.
- Score reports or additonal information about the GRE must be sent directly by the Education Testing Service, gre.org.
- Official transcripts:
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited U.S. colleges and universities attended must be submitted.
- All degrees earned must appear on official transcripts.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences main office with any questions or concerns: GSBSEP@ttuhsc.edu or 915-215-4157
All applicants should allow ample time for required supporting documents to be received and added to their application file. Applicants will not be considered for evaluation until the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences main office receives all supporting documents.
- Summer Accelerated Biomedical Research (SABR) interns are eligible for an application fee waiver at the discretion of the dean.
- If you are an immigrant permanent resident, you must provide a copy of the front and back of your green card, as well as an Oath of Residency if you are claiming Texas residency for tuition purposes.
- Immunization documentation must be provided prior to matriculation. Provisions for immunization requirements and implementation procedures for all TTUHSC El Paso employees, volunteers, and students may be found in HSCEP OP 75.11.
- A $50 placement guarantee fee is required upon offer of admission.