Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) was established in 2014. The mission of the OIRE is to ensure institutional data integrity, consistency and accuracy, and to promote institutional effectiveness through ongoing, systematic planning and evaluation efforts in order to support programs, faculty, and staff in achieving the institutional mission. Specific responsibilities of the OIRE include:
- Promoting continuous improvement initiatives across the institution through an ongoing, systematic and programmatic planning and evaluation process (Institutional Effectiveness)
- Coordinating efforts to maintain membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Centralizing the collection, storage, and management of institutional data
- Serving as historical repository of institutional data and responding to requests for data to support external and internal reporting needs
- Transforming institutional data into information for analysis and decision making
- Preparing official reports to ensure compliance with regional, state, and national reporting standards and requirements
- Conducting scholarly research studies to support institutional and educational goals
In our work, we strive towards the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. In this effort, we are guided by the Program Evaluation Standards set forth by the Joint Commission on Standards for Educational Evaluation (JCEE) and the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice for professional researchers set forth by the Association for Institutional Research.
- Paton, V., Herber-Valdez, C., De la Rosa, J.M., Blow, J. " Broader Impacts in a Health Care Shortage Area: Assessment Findings and Long-Term Solutions”, Engagement Scholarship Consortium ESC19, Denver, CO, October 6-8, 2019
- Herber-Valdez, C. Paton, V, Garcia M. “Utilization of Business Process Analysis (BPA) for Data Integrity”. Association for Institutional Research AIR Forum 2019, Denver , CO, May 27-31, 2019
- Herber-Valdez, C., Paton, V., Alikaj-Fierro, O. “Coming of Age: Steps, Challenges, and Lessons Learned from Becoming Separately Accredited”. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, Dec 6-10, 2019
- Herber-Valdez, Alikaj-Fierro, O., Blow, J. “From Assessment to Action: Using Satisfaction Survey Results to Inform Development of a Faculty Leadership Training Module”. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, Dec 6-10, 2019
- Herber-Valdez, C., Alikaj-Fierro, O. " Logic Models: A Tool for Institutional Effectiveness Planning and Outcome Evaluation”. Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AAHLE). Salt Lake City, UT, June 4-7, 2018
- Alikaj-Fierro, O., Herber-Valdez, C." A Peer Review Model to Evaluate Institution –Wide Assessment Reports: A Step-by-Step Guide and Lesson Learned”. Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AAHLE). Salt Lake City, UT, June 4-7, 2018
- Herber-Valdez, C., Alikaj-Fierro, O., "Logic Models: A Tool for Institutional Effectiveness Planning and Outcome Evaluation," Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, December 4, 2017.
- Herber-Valdez, C. (Author Only), LaBerge, E. (Presenter & Author), Palmer, A. (Presenter & Author), Hartman, J. (Author Only), Coue, M. (Author Only), Horn, K. V. N. (Author Only), Pfarr, C. M. (Author Only), Gomez, C. (Author Only), Simon, W. (Author Only), AAMC Western Group on Educational Affairs Regional Meeting 2018, "Concealed Carry Handguns on Medical School Campuses: Perceptions of Students and Faculty on Changes in the Learning Environment".