Frequently Asked Questions

New vehicles should be registered through the Park Admin website with their temporary plates. After obtaining your new license plate number, you will need to update the plate number using the Park Admin website at

If this vehicle is replacing another vehicle currently registered then you will need to return the previous issued decal and inform the Parking Office.

You can register a second vehicle with no added fee, however, after the second vehicle there is a $2 fee for additional permits.

If you are not able to return a previously issued decal, there is a $2 replacement fee.

Unregistered or rental vehicles on campus will need to display a temporary parking permit. You will need to stop by the Parking Office with the following vehicle information:

  • make
  • model
  • color
  • plate number

New registrations and new employees are designated to the El Paso County Coliseum where employees are then shuttled to the Medical Education Building (MEB) shuttle stop. Employees working at the Academic Education Center (AEC), Clinical Science Building (CSB), or the El Paso Psychiatry Center (EPPC) may then board a secondary shuttle to the AEC shuttle stop.

To register for a handicap permit, you will need to provide a copy of your placard or vehicle registration form and your driver’s license.  Please note, you will be ticketed if only your parking decal is displayed; your handicap permit must also be displayed. It is a violation of state law to park in a handicap area without displaying proper handicap permit or plates.

Faculty members and law enforcement personnel are automatically registered to the MEB.

Reserved parking is $48.50 a month. Department chairs, senior directors and above qualify for reserved spaces.

No, two vehicles registered under one employee cannot be on campus at the same time. If for some reason, they are on campus at the same time there is a $1 per day fee or $2 per week fee.

No, if the same vehicle is registered under two paying individuals assigned to different lots, then each individual must choose a primary vehicle. The employee who will be utilizing a vehicle not designated to their lot will be required to notify the Parking Office of the temporary switch.

No, if you have never paid for parking then you will be considered a new registration and will be designated to the El Paso County Coliseum.

There is no option to swap places with a current registered employee or an employee that is terminating.

When spaces are available, spaces are offered by hire dates.

Citations may be paid through the Park Admin system online, or in person at 222 Rick Francis St., or checks may be made payable to TTUHSC El Paso and sent via mail to:

TTUHSC El Paso Traffic and Parking-MSC 51029
5001 El Paso Drive
El Paso,TX 79905

Contact the Parking Office at 915 215-4425 and let them know you will be in the patient lot to avoid any warning or citation. 

Offsite employees who need to park frequently on the main campus must  register their vehicles and obtain a transferable permit at the Parking Office located at 222 Rick Francis St. The table below shows the offsite locations that do or do not need to pay for parking. 


    • New registrations are designated to the El Paso County Coliseum (P13) lot and placed on a waiting list by date of registration. 
    • Employees designated to the El Paso County Coliseum (P13) will first be offered the Academic Services Building II (P8) parking lot. 
    • After moving on campus, all other moves between Raynolds lot (P5), Alberta lot (P6), Medical Education Building lot (P7), and Jefferson lot (P11) are determined by the employee's current date of hire. 

Space Availability notices are sent to employees by email and need to be responded to by the date mentioned. If an employee declines or no response is made by the deadline, the employee's name will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list and an email will be sent to the next individual on the list.

If leaving a vehicle overnight, an email needs to be sent to The email must contain the make, model, and license plate number of the vehicle, as well as the location where vehicle will be parked. Information will then be forwarded to the Texas Tech Police Department. Please be advised that if these steps are not taken, the vehicle runs the risk of being towed.

Students may park closer to campus after 3 p.m. when displaying a student permit. 

Employees may only move their vehicle closer to campus after 4 p.m.