Texas Health Education Service-TMDSAS Update
JAMP Application Workshop
We will be hosting a JAMP Application workshop Sept., 9, 2020. To register for the event please email Assistant Director Monica Galindo, M.B.A., at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will close on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020 at 5 p.m. MST.
Admission Information for Prospective Students
Among the goals of the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine is the provision of a medical education that is consistent with modern scientific principles, supportive of strong ethical principles, sensitive to the needs of the community, and committed to excellence.
We invite you to take the next step and explore our website to discover how the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine is right for you. Along the way, we can answer questions on the application process, the standards for completion of the curriculum, expenses, or any other admissions questions you might have. Please feel free to contact us at 915-215-4410 or by email at Fostersom.Admissions@ttuhsc.edu.
- Printable Campus Map for Visitors
- Getting to Campus
- Ground Transportation
- Hotels near Campus
- Tech View PLFSOM Blog
- If you have any questions or want to meet an admissions advisor, please contact us at 915-215-4410 or by email at Fostersom.Admissions@ttuhsc.edu.
Dates and Deadlines
- May 1
Filing period for the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) and PLFSOM secondary application opens.
- August - February
- October 15
Pre-Match offer period begins
- October 30
Deadline to file application with TMDSAS
- November 13
Deadline for test scores and letters of evaluation
- December 1
Latest date to file PLFSOM secondary application
- February 19
Deadline to declare/decline medical school through TMDSAS
Applicant/medical school preference list due to TMDSAS
- March 5
Applicant Match Day
- May 15
Deadline for $100 deposit to hold place in class
There are 100 seats in the class. Any seats opening after the match will be filled from the alternate list.
- Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) online application
- PLFSOM secondary application
- All supporting documents (signature page, fee receipts, etc.)
- All declared Letters of Evaluation
- All MCAT Scores (the best from the past 5 years will be evaluated)
- Complete CASPer and results received by office
- Incoming students must complete a criminal background check
- For TMDSAS information: www.tmdsas.com ; and updates: https://www.facebook.com/tmdsas/
Texas HB 1508 and the Texas Occupations Code
Students Who Pursue a Program That Prepares Them For an Occupational License, including
all schools at TTUHSC
As a point of information required by Texas HB 1508 and the Texas Occupations Code 58.001, if you are applying for admission to a program that may prepare an individual for an initial occupational license as defined under Texas Occupations Code 58.001 and/or if you later decide to change to a program that prepares you for an initial occupational license as defined under Texas Occupations Code 58.001, in accordance with state law, please be advised of the following:
- An individual who has been convicted of an offense may be ineligible for issuance of an occupational license upon completion of the educational program;
- Each licensing authority that may issue an occupational license to an individual who completes an educational program must establish guidelines which state the reasons a particular crime is considered to relate to a particular license and any other criterion that affects the decisions of the licensing authority.
- Local or county licensing authorities may issue additional guidelines related to criminal history. Applicants should contact their respective local or county licensing authority for more details.
- A person may request a criminal history evaluation letter regarding the personal eligibility for a license issued by a licensing authority under Texas Occupations Code 53.102.
Applicants are encouraged to review all applicable eligibility requirements related to the respective occupational license. Questions related to eligibility requirements should be directed to the applicable licensing authority.