Journal Articles and Letters:
- Tullius Z, Helgesen W, Mulla ZD, Chheda S. An evacuation simulation in multiple neonatal intensive care units across a single city: lessons learned. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness (in press).
- Bennett R, Mulla ZD, Parikh P, Hauspurg A, Razzaghi T. An imbalance-aware deep neural network for early prediction of preeclampsia. PLoS One. 2022 April 6; 17(4): e0266042. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0266042. eCollection 2022. PMID: 35385525 PMCID: PMC8985991.
- Kupesic-Plavsic S. Faculty development in ob-gyn ultrasound and technology tools to achieve academic success. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 15(4):330–330. 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1802.
- Kupesic-Plavsic S, De la Rosa JM, Mulla ZD. Academic collaboration between the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and Ian Donald Inter-University School of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology: A global health program's success story. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 15(4):331–335. 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1803.
- Mulla ZD. Best practices in the analysis of ultrasonographic research data: Ancora Imparo. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 15(4):340-346. 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1800.
- Martinez CA, Nair A, Kupesic-Plavsic S. Ultrasound training for obstetrics and gynecology residents. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 15(4):352-358. 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1801.
- Herber-Valdez C, Kupesic-Plavsic S. Satisfaction and shortfall of ob-gyn physicians and radiologists. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 15(4):387-392.
- Kupesic Plavsic S, Osland Paton V, Herber-Valdez C, Rosales C, García MD, Mulla ZD. Impact of a faculty development course on promotion at a health sciences center. Marshall Journal of Medicine (open access); April 2021; https://mds.marshall.edu/mjm/vol7/iss2/10/. DOI: 10.33470/2379-9536.1327.
- Carrillo T, Montealegre JR, Bracamontes CG, Scheurer ME, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Predictors of timely diagnostic follow-up after an abnormal pap test among Hispanic women seeking care in El Paso, Texas. BMC Women’s Health 2021; 21(1):11. DOI: 10.1186/s12905-020-01161-9. Open access available at: https://rdcu.be/cdblJ [Correction in BMC Women’s Health 2021 21(1):38]. DOI: 10.1186/s12905-021-01186-8.
- Bencomo-Alvarez AE, Gonzalez MA, Rubio AJ, Olivas IM, Lara JJ, Padilla O, Orazi A, Corral J, Philipovskiy A, Gaur S, Mulla ZD, Dwivedi AK, Eiring AM. Ethnic and border differences on blood cancer presentation and outcomes: A Texas population-based study. Cancer 2021; 127: 1068-1079. DOI: 10.1002/cncr.33347
- Mulla ZD, Pathak IS. Sleep apnea and poor COVID-19 outcomes: beware of causal intermediates and colliders (Letter). American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2021; 203: 1325-1326. DOI: 10.1164/rccm.202101-0088LE.
- Kranjcevic N, Rodriguez MA, Vazquez E, Kupesic Plavsic S. Education, scholarship, academic, and public services during and after corona. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2020; 14: 288-295. DOI: 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1658.
- Mulla ZD, Rosales C, Vazquez E, Rodriguez MA, Plavsic SK. Promoting wellness and resiliency: faculty development professionals respond to a mass shooting (Letter). Southern Medical Journal 2020; 113: 498. DOI: 10.14423/SMJ.0000000000001151.
- Blunk DI, Brower R, Hogg T, Perry C, Pettit D, Kupesic Plavsic S, Quest D. A team-based approach compared with two other case study methods. Medical Science Educator 2020; 30:659-662. DOI: 10.1007/s40670-019-00845-8.
- Arya S, Dwivedi AK, Alvarado L, Kupesic-Plavsic S. Exposure of U.S. population to endocrine disruptive chemicals (parabens, benzophenone-3, bisphenol-a and triclosan) and their associations with female infertility. Environmental Pollution; 2020; 265(Pt A): 114763. DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2020.114763.
- Kupesic Plavsic S, Mulla ZD. The essentials of a faculty development program in the setting of a new medical school. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2020; 68: 952-955. DOI: 10.1136/jim-2020-001341.
- Mulla ZD, Osland-Paton V, Rodriguez MA, Vazquez E, Kupesic Plavsic S. Novel coronavirus, novel faculty development programs: rapid transition to eLearning during the pandemic. Journal of Perinatal Medicine 2020; 48: 446-449. DOI: 10.1515/jpm-2020-0197.
- Naqvi A, Manglik N, Dudrey E, Perry C, Mulla ZD, Cervantes J. Evaluating the performance of a low-cost mobile phone attachable microscope in cervical cytology. BMC Women’s Health 2020; 20(1):60 (6 pages). DOI: 10.1186/s12905-020-00902-0.
- Bracamontes CG, Carrillo T, Montealegre JR, Fradkin L, Follen M, Mulla ZD. Analysis of count data in the setting of cervical cancer detection. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2020; 68: 1196–1198. DOI: 10.1136/jim-2020-001381.
- Nelson PC, Mulla ZD. The cost of hospitalized ocular injuries in Texas, 2013-2014. Ophthalmic Epidemiology 2020; 27: 409-416. DOI: 10.1080/09286586.2020.1766512.
- Arya S, Mulla ZD, Nguyen TN, Kupesic Plavsic S. Role of three-dimensional pelvic ultrasound in the assessment of risk factors for intrauterine device misplacement and dislocation. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2019; 13(3): 103-109. DOI: 10.5005/jp-journals-10009-1598.
- Mulla Z, Aranda JH, Rojas D, Kupesic Plavsic, S. Statistical methods useful in clinical simulation and medical education scholarship. Marshall Journal of Medicine 2019; 5(4): https://mds.marshall.edu/mjm/vol5/iss4/8. DOI: 10.33470/2379-9536.1243.
- Crawford SB, Monks SM, Mendez M, Quest D, Mulla ZD, Kupesic Plavsic S. A simulation-based workshop to improve residents’ collaborative clinical practice. Journal of Graduate Medical Education 2019; 11: 66-71. DOI: 10.4300/JGME-D-18-00209.1.
- Chervenak FA, Kupesic Plavsic S, McCullough LB. Professionally responsible referral for assisted reproduction. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 2019; 64: 87-89.
- Robb J, Mackay A, Rondeau N, Palomino J, Mulla ZD, Montoya TI, Mallett VT. Spanish language pelvic floor disorders patient information handouts: how readable are they? Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery 2019; 25: 72-75. DOI: 10.1097/SPV.0000000000000510.
- Chervenak F., Kupesic Plavsic S., Kurjak A. (Eds.) Fetus as a Patient (3rd ed.). Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers LTD: New Delhi, London, Philadelphia, Panama 2020.
- Panchal S, Kupesic Plavsic S. (Eds.) Donald School textbook of Human Reproductive and Gynecological Endocrinology (1sted.). The Health Sciences Publisher: London, New Delhi, Panama City, Philadelphia 2019.
- Reddy S.Y., Mendez M.D., Kupesic Plavsic S. (Eds.), Illustrated OB GYN Problems (1sted.). Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers LTD: New Delhi, London, Philadelphia, Panama 2019.
- Kurjak A., Kupesic Plavsic S. (Eds.) Textbook of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (2nded) (In Croatian). Medicinska Naklada: Zagreb 2019.
- Lababidi S, Ramirez P, Mulla ZD, Toy EP. The Impact of Urbanicity on Cervical Cancer Survival (Abstract). Society of Gynecologic Oncology 2022 Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, March 2022, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Kupesic-Plavsic S, Osland Paton V, Herber-Valdez C, Rosales C, Vazquez E, Rodriguez MA, Rocha NC, Mulla ZD. Impact of a faculty development course on the probability of promotion at a health sciences center. Oral presentation (video) at the Innovations in Medical Education 2021 Online Conference (Keck School of Medicine of USC), February 18, 2021. https://sites.usc.edu/ime-conference-2021/.
- Nguyen-Reyes TN, Sanchez S, Mulla ZD, Martinez CA. Perceptions regarding tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccination during pregnancy among women living on the Texas and Mexico border (poster 15). 9th Annual Cultural Competence Conference, El Paso, Texas, February 28, 2020.
- Cervantes J, Naqvi A, Manglik N, Dudrey E, Perry C, Mulla Z. Evaluating the performance of a low-cost mobile phone attachable microscope in cervical cytology. Presented at the Medical Center of the Americas Foundation 2019 Annual Poster Session, El Paso, TX, May 1, 2019.
- Kupesic Plavsic S, Vazquez E, Rodriguez M, Rosales C, Mulla ZD. Measuring vitality in medical and nursing educators. Oral presentation at the 2019 Innovations in Health Science Education Annual Conference, Austin, Texas, February 22, 2019.
Note: A list of publications authored or co-authored by Office of Faculty Development personnel before 2019 is available upon request.
1. Faculty Factory podcast hosted by Dr. Kimberly A. Skarupski, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Development at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Guest: Dr. Zuber D. Mulla. February 14, 2020: https://facultyfactory.org/a-faculty-factory-interview-with-zuber-mulla-phd-cph-face/
2. Journal of Investigative Medicine Podcast: Faculty Development Roles During the COVID-19 Crisis: Guest: Dr. Sanja Kupesic; Host: Dr. Richard McCallum. 2020: https://soundcloud.com/bmjpodcasts/faculty-development-roles-during-the-covid-19-crisis