Students should contact Student Affairs and we will assist the student by connecting them to appropriate and confidential resources outside of the institution.
Office of the Registrar, Student Records, and Transcripts
The Registrar’s Office houses all student records. Students can request transcripts
through this office Students can also find their academic calendars and forms to update
personal contact information such as address and phone numbers. Students can also
request their transcripts.
PLFSOM Academic Calendars: https://ttuhscep.edu/studentservices/registrar/PLFSOM-Academic-Calendar.aspx
Please visit the Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) website to see how your records are protected: https://ttuhscep.edu/studentservices/registrar/FERPA.aspx.
If you have any questions regarding your records, please contact the Registrar, Diane Andrade, at email@example.com or call (915) 215-4364.
Required Certifications and Trainings
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Community Wide Orientation – all students are required to complete this module each year: https://www.epcc.edu/Admissions/Orientation/community-wide-orientation
- Criminal Background Check – this must be done before starting at PLFSOM and repeated if a student steps out of the curriculum for more than 3 months or if there is an arrest (See Policy on Reporting Arrests). Our affiliates may request additional background checks required for clinical rotations.
- HIPAA training – all students receive training on HIPAA. This will be a live presentation at year one orientation but is a required online module each subsequent year while a The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, HIPAA, requires that covered entities train all members of its workforce, volunteers, trainees and anyone else who represents the organization in privacy and security policies and procedures. Training for new workforce members is done immediately upon hire/matriculation and annual refresher training is assigned via online Asynchronous Course Management Engine (ACME). Review of HSCEP OP 52.09, Confidential Information, https://ttuhscep.edu/opp/_documents/52/op5209.pdf, and a signed Confidentiality Agreement, https://ttuhscep.edu/opp/_documents/52/op5209b.pdf, is required as part of orientation and an updated signed agreement is required each year. See link for details on privacy training standards, https://ttuhscep.edu/hipaa/_documents/HPP1. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that organizations are required to create and utilize "appropriate sanctions against workforce members who violate policies and procedures." Should a breach occur, TTUHSC El Paso must conduct a confidential and timely investigation of the matter in accordance with TTUHSC El Paso policies to lessen the harmful effect to wronged party to the maximum extent practical.
- Campus Clarity - sexual harassment prevention training https://everfi.com/partners/colleges-universities/?rd=home.campusclarity.com&rp=/