How to Apply
The Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing (GGHSON) Master of Science in Nursing application process requires the following documents be uploaded to the EP Tech Application portal by 11:59 p.m. (MST):
- Admission application: Submit a GGHSON Admission Application by the application deadlines. A non-refundable $75 application fee is required.
- Professional Essay: Write a professional essay describing your professional journey and future contribution to nursing leadership. The essay should include professional goals, and identify the barriers to overcome for success. The essay must be a maximum of three pages, APA format, and uploaded as a PDF file.
Resume/CV: Submit a professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Professional Letters of Recommendation: Three professional letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to complete academic requirements, demonstrate professional competencies, and personal character are required. Appropriate reference sources include faculty members, professional colleagues, or work supervisors who understand the demands of a graduate program and can speak to the applicant’s potential for success. Applicants may electronically request professional letters of recommendation from the EP Tech Application portal.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all postsecondary transcripts from every school where
college credit was earned, not just degree-granting institutions. Applicants with
foreign academic credentials must provide academic records in the original language
with certified English translation and US equivalencies. Applicants may also submit
official transcripts by mail or email to:
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing
5001 El Paso Drive, MSC 22002
El Paso, Texas 79902
- R.N. License: Proof of a valid and unencumbered R.N. license: A valid and unencumbered R.N. license in the state of the applicant’s residency. Students must have successfully passed the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) prior to starting their M.S.N. coursework.
- Official TOEFL Scores: Submit official TOEFL scores (if applicable).
Upon acceptance, students are required to pay a combined, non-refundable $150 placement and orientation fee. Instructions on payment procedure are included in the offer letter.
|M.S.N. Program Application Deadlines|
|Fall Admission||Spring Admission|
|Application Dates and Deadlines:||Application Dates and Deadlines:|
|Opens - Jan. 1||Opens - June 2|
|Closes - June 1 at midnight||Closes - Nov. 2 at midnight|
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required documents are complete and submitted by 11:59 p.m. (MST) on the application deadline.
If any admission components are incomplete or are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered.