Mary Kay Foundation Call for Letters of Intent - Deadline is Dec. 11, 2020
The Mary Kay Foundation
Call for Letters of Intent (LOI)
LOI Deadline: 2 p.m. Mountain Time, Friday, Dec. 11, 2020
The Mary Kay Foundation supports research for innovative grants for translational research in ovarian, uterine, breast or cervical cancer that ultimately would lead to improvement in diagnosis, prognosis, prevention or treatment of the cancer. The Mary Kay Foundation requires the principal investigator to be appointed full-time as an assistant professor or higher at application submission time.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso can submit only one grant proposal for the Feb. 5, 2021 deadline. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, you must first participate in an internal competition to determine which proposal will be invited to move forward. To participate in the internal competition you must submit a “Letter of Intent” using Cayuse no later than Friday, Dec. 11, 2020, at 2 p.m. Mountain Time.
To participate in the internal LOI competition, the following sections of the Cayuse proposal record must be completed:
- General Project Information
- Principal Investigators and Senior Key Personnel
- Lead Principal Investigator Certifications and Assurances
- Regulatory Compliance
- Export Control
- Intellectual Property
- Additional Project Information
- In the proposal attachment section upload one PDF document that includes the following:
- brief project summary, not to exceed one page (12 pt Calibri, 0.75” margins)
- one-year draft budget outlining the categories of expenditures, using an indirect cost rate of 15% and total costs (direct + indirect) not to exceed $100,000.
The project summary should be similar to a specific aims page and include the following: title and PI; brief description of the unmet need or problem; statement of the research question and/or hypotheses to be tested; brief overview of the experimental strategy; description of the population this project will serve and how the population will benefit; significance.
All LOIs will be reviewed by an appointed panel, and applicants will be notified of the results by Dec. 22, 2020. All questions regarding this internal competition should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.