Message from the Chair
The Department of Internal Medicine – Transmountain is a new department of the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. The department has clinical operations at The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus and the adjacent Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Transmountain clinic site.
The mission of our department is to deliver outstanding, efficient, cost-effective and compassionate medical care for the region in an environment enriched by medical education, innovation and research.
- Opened in 2017, The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus serves the primary and subspecialty medical needs of West El Paso and Southern New Mexico.
- We are a hybrid academic and community-based comprehensive medical center serving patients locally, regionally and from across the border. We provide accessible, state-of-the-art health care and are committed to the highest quality and safety standards.
- We foster coordinated, multidisciplinary transitions of care in collaboration with other community physicians who may not be affiliated with TTUHSC El Paso.
- Our goal is to attract and retain top medical students and internal medicine residents who seek outstanding medical training and wish to practice excellence in medical care to help fulfill the regional demand for physicians.
- Our department aims to develop, support and expand the basic infrastructure needed to promote clinical research.
This is a very unique internal medicine residency program that is emerging as a desired
destination for individuals who not only want a superb postgraduate medical education
and training but also wish to find purpose, make an impact and enjoy the journey.
Dan Schuller, M.D.
Professor and Chair, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
Department of Internal Medicine -Transmountain