TTUHSC El Paso IT participates in a site license agreement with Microsoft and McAfee to provide select Microsoft and McAfee software to TTUHSC El Paso students, faculty, and staff for personal use. This agreement encompasses all of the TTUHSC El Paso campuses and includes distance education students as well.
Some software media is available to download free of charge. The software titles include:
- Microsoft Lync for Windows
- Microsoft Expression Studio
- Microsoft Studio
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- Microsoft Lync for Mac
Some software media is only available on DVD media. The cost for each DVD media is $3 for McAfee titles and $10 for Microsoft titles. The software titles include:
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac
- McAfee VirusScan for Windows
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
McAfee VirusScan and select Microsoft software is also available to TTUHSC El Paso departments for institutional use through the Texas Tech University System's Site License Agreement with Microsoft. Please contact the Help Desk at 915-215-4111, or submit a ticket requesting assistance with your new computer purchases and installing supported software.
Download Software Media (for personal use)
Downloading software media requires an eRaider login.
- Sign in to your eRaider account.
- Select software download from the navigation menu.
- Choose the software media you wish to download.
- Follow the instructions available on each download page.
- You will be required to read, understand, and agree to the software terms and agreement before downloading the software.
Purchase Software Media (for personal use)
Purchasing software media requires an eRaider login.
- Visit the IT Media Purchase site.
- Click log in to purchase and view media in the catalog.
- Sign in using your eRaider username and password.
- If this is your first time to use this system, click view/edit your profile and update your mailing information before proceeding to the catalog.
- Click view the media catalog to view media in the catalog.
- Choose the software you wish to add to your cart.
- Click user options at anytime to return to IT Media Purchase welcome page.
- Please read carefully all information regarding use and limitations of select software media.
- Follow the instructions on each page to complete the checkout process.
- You will be required to read, understand, and agree to the software terms and agreement before purchasing software media. The agreements limit the purchase of one software media per person per year.
Important Information Regarding Windows 7 and Windows 8
- To determine which bit type is needed:
- The upgrade bit type (32 bit or 64 bit) must match the bit type of the pre-existing Windows operating system.
- All Windows operating systems offered through the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (MEES) are upgrade versions only and require a valid pre-existing Windows operating system license that qualifies for an upgrade.
- Click the Start Button.
- Right click My Computer or Computer (depending on the version) from the Start menu and choose Properties.
- A window will open displaying basic information about your computer. The bit type may be displayed under the Windows or System section. If no bit type is noted, the installed bit type is 32 bit.