The mission of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso is to improve the lives of people in our State and our community by focusing on the unique health care needs of socially and culturally diverse border populations through excellence in integrated education, research, and patient care.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) supports the institutional mission by providing superior graduate education as well as leadership in increasing knowledge and understanding through scholarship and research.
The mission of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is to educate the next generation of scientists and health-related professionals by providing a dynamic research environment oriented to satisfy the learning needs of a multicultural group of students by fostering creativity and discovery.
The faculty and staff of the GSBS are committed to following the institutional goals and measurable priorities that will enable it to fulfill its mission, including:
- Training competent health professionals and scientists
- Increasing externally funded, peer-reviewed research — especially NIH funded research — with an emphasis on cancer, infectious disease, neuropsychiatric disorders, and diabetes.
- Improving access to quality health care for TTUHSC El Paso’s target populations
- Preparing students in the health professions for an increasingly diverse workforce and patient population
- Providing leadership in the development of partnerships and collaborations to improve community health