The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Faculty Senate acts on the authority delegated to it by the president of the university.
- Provides a voice for all university faculty regarding issues that may affect their rights, privileges or responsibilities as they apply to teaching, research or clinical services.
- Serves as an advisory body to the university president.
- Serves as a forum for communication and collaboration among its member schools.
The senate, through recommendation by the president or other officers and administrators of the university, shall:
- Consider issues affecting faculty as it deems appropriate.
- Provide input and recommendations for the formulation of clinical, educational or research policies affecting faculty at multiple schools.
- Provide input regarding policies, programs and other matters that university administrators, school faculty and governing bodies submit to the senate for review.
- Help create, maintain and facilitate a campus environment conducive to the growth of health care, scholarship, creativity, learning, teaching, research, service and respect for human dignity.
- Work with other organizations, committees and departments to further enhance the stature and effectiveness of the university.