Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
The Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) system is used to create the interface to capture each of a patient’s data points. This system was recommended for research use by TTUHSC El Paso's IT and research departments. This system has been cleared by IT Security and the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
The TTUHSC El Paso REDCap configuration provides SSH protocol, which provides a cryptographic that enables the secure transfer of information. In addition, the web and database servers are standalone, adding another layer of security for protection of protected health information (PHI). IT Security has enabled REDCap to be accessible outside of the TTUHSC El Paso network. Also, firewall rules, proxy server configurations, and other measures have been placed in order to open communication with any institution.
Process to Request a REDCap Project
- There are two ways to accomplish this.
- If you only would like to request a REDCap project, please complete the following form: https://redcap.elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=jiHDSy
- If you would like to request REDcap and the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Labs (BECL)’s services, please complete the following form: https://redcap.elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=RJM8XD7LDF
Responsibilities of the Principal Investigator and the Team
- Submit the required documentation to the IRB for approval of the study.
- Meet with the BECL team or REDCap administrator and submit system requirements
Responsibilities of the REDCap Administrator
- Design project in REDCap.
- Construct project in REDCap.
- Test project in REDCap.
- Promote project to the PRODUCTION environment.
- Set up the adequate permissions for each of the users for the project.
Points of Contact
For general questions, please complete the REDCap general questions form.