Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
The REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) system is used to create the interface to capture each of the patients’ data points. This system was recommended for research use by TTUHSC El Paso's IT and research departments. This system has been cleared by IT Security and IRB.
The TTUHSC El Paso REDCap configuration provides SSH protocol which provides cryptographic that enables the transfer of information in a secure way. In addition, the web and database servers are stand-alone which adds another layer of security for protection of PHI data. IT Security has enabled REDCap to be accessible outside the TTUHSC El Paso network. Also, firewall rules, proxy server configurations, and other measures have been placed in order for us be able to open communication with any institution.
Process to Request a REDCap Project
- Please fill out the appropriate consulting request form from the given link and complete the appropriate forms, elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/research/services/becl/policiesandservices.aspx.
- Contact the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Lab (BECL) to fill out the appropriate BECL request form.
- Contact Luis Sanchez from the CCRC at email@example.com for any REDCap related questions.
Responsibilities of the PI and the Team
- Submit the required documentation to the IRB for approval of the study.
- Once the PI is ready to conduct the study and the REDCap project is ready for promotion, please fill out the following form: redcap.elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=jiHDSy.
- Upon revision of the documentation and getting confirmation from the BECL team, Luis Sanchez will promote your project to the PRODUCTION environment with all the necessary permissions.
Responsibilities of the BECL
- Design project in REDCap
- Construction of project in REDCap
- Testing project in REDCap
- Promotion of project to the PRODUCTION environment
- Setup the adequate permissions for each of the users for the project
Points of Contact
For REDCap training, to report bugs, or to attend the monthly Luis' Corner meeting (Open REDCAP forum), please contact Luis Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions, please complete the REDCap general questions form.