BECL Policies and Services
- BECL services are initiated by completing one of the appropriate forms below.
- At the start of a project, an initial no-cost meeting will be held with a biostatistician, a biostatistics faculty member and the principal investigator in order to define the goals of the project, discuss expectations, develop a timeline, discuss the scope of work to be provided and approximate costs.
- There will be no charge for statistical assistance for the development of a grant application for TTUHSC El Paso faculty, provided that financial support is included in the application for either faculty effort at 5% or greater for a member of the Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, or for at least 10% effort for a BECL biostatistician. If the grant is funded, then no additional charges will be levied for services in support of this project.
- Acknowledgement of BECL support in relevant scientific publications is greatly appreciated. An example is as follows: Support for biostatistical analysis was from the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Lab at the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, TTUHSC El Paso.
- We cannot guarantee that work submitted within five business days of a grant application, abstract submission, or presentation deadline will be completed on time, as other projects submitted earlier will take precedence. Please take this consideration into account when you submit a project request to BECL.
For questions or concerns, please contact Alok Dwivedi, Ph.D.
BECL provides expertise and assistance for members of the TTUHSC El Paso scientific community and for outside investigators in the following research areas:
Our pricing structure for services are as follows:
BECL Programmer - $40.39 per hour
BECL Faculty - $89.55 per hour
To initiate BECL services, please complete and submit one of the following forms below.
Internal Service Agreement (ISA) BECL Service Request: TTUHSC El Paso personnel should use this form for sustained access to internal statistical services for longer-term or multiple projects.