Post-baccalaureate Certificate Program
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate certificate program is more than just an application. To ensure that applicants are prepared to succeed in the program, an applicant’s personal qualities, work experience, and ability to work with different ideas and personalities are also important admission factors.
- Complete and submit an online application prior to the application closing date.
- Application period: Sept. 4, 2023, through May 31, 2024.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $45 is required for each application submitted.
- Supporting documents:
- Personal essay stating your reasons for applying to the program.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official Score reports:
- Depending on the track selected, the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores or the Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores.
- Photocopies of score reports are not accepted.
- Score Reports must not be more than five years old.
- Additional information about score reports may be found at aamc.org or ada.org
- Official transcripts:
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited U.S. colleges and universities attended must be submitted.
- All degrees earned must appear on the official transcripts.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences main office with any questions or concerns: GSBSEP@ttuhsc.edu or 915-215-4157.
All applicants should allow ample time for required supporting documents to be received and added to their application file. Applicants will not be considered for evaluation until the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences main office receives all supporting documents.
- Students who successfully complete the post-baccalaureate certificate program may
apply to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences.
- Application fee may be waived at the discretion of the dean.
- Admission to the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences program is not guaranteed.
- If you are an immigrant permanent resident, you must provide a copy of the front and back of your green card, as well as an Oath of Residency if you are claiming Texas residency for tuition purposes.
- Immunization documentation must be provided prior to matriculation. Provisions for immunization requirements and implementation procedures for all TTUHSC El Paso employees, volunteers, and students may be found in HSCEP OP 75.11.
- A $50 placement guarantee fee is required upon offer of admission.