About our School
The mission of the Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine is to improve the oral health of the people of Texas and the greater El Paso community by: focusing on the unique oral and overall health care needs of the border populations; demonstrating excellence in education, research, and patient care; and providing leadership to the practicing community and other area stakeholders.
The vision of the Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine was also developed by the initial leadership team, and is as follows:
- Educate oral health care practitioners for the future
- Develop an innovative educational model
- Contribute to the discovery of new knowledge
- Provide leadership regarding oral health care issues to the greater El Paso area and border region.
The values of the Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine include the following:
- Humanistic campus culture
- Diversity of faculty, students, and staff
- Excellence in clinical care
- Innovation in education and evaluation
- Compassionate, culturally competent practitioners
- Commitment to community service
- Professionalism and ethical conduct